Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Just got GREAT news on the phone with American Airlines today: there is NO...you read right...NO charge for checked luggage to Haiti...so long as it's only 2 bags & within 50lbs! Ok, I know that may not get you too excited yet...but allow me to explain why this is such good news:
1. I was struggling to find where I was going to come up with the 50-100 bucks round trip that it was going to cost me just to bring 1 bag. That problem is no more....
2. This will allow me to bring 2 bags..which means TWICE as many items for the people and children in Haiti!!!

With that #2 said, here is a new quick list of items that you may have in your house right now...or perhaps you can snag a few when you're doing your back-to-school shopping:

  • plastic mattress covers. (We are working with an orphanage and they greatly need these. We would really like the ones that zip around the entire mattress. We have twin size mattresses.)
  • Coloring books
  • crayons
  • markers
  • construction paper
  • white paper
  • glue sticks
  • small crafts projects
  • Popsicle sticks
  • tape
  • small hard candy
  • beach balls
  • dominoes
  • ABC flash cards or picture flash cards

Anything else that is light weight and compact that you can think of will be helpful! Lets fill both of these bags to the 50lbs limit!!

This weekend will be the final wrap-up of my efforts...will be packing things on Sunday. So please please PLEASE try to get back with me by that time! Would hate for you to miss out on this opportunity to be apart of this effort!! :-)

Sending my love out to everyone! :)
-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment