Thursday, August 19, 2010

Started out the morning right...





Started out the morning right by setting the alarm clock so that we can watch the sun rise. By we, I mean my roommate who is sharing his tent with me, as there isn't much roof space for more tents. His name is Preston and he is 20, from Sioux Falls, SD. Good guy...very involved in church and is about to start school in the medical field with an attention in trauma practice. So we set the alarm for 5am and woke to watch the sun rise from the rooftop. I snapped several pictures of the sunrise.
Today we are headed back to the orphanage from Tuesday! You could probably guess that I'm pretty excited. We will stay there for about 3 hours and enjoy time with the children. There has been no MORE rewarding time that at the orphanage. I am looking forward to this morning. Later we will be meeting with some church group members for more Evangelizing. I'm not as excited for this, but still intrigued...we shall see how that goes.

Random thought of the day regarding logic and God. Some of you may believe the 2 operate separately. But if we are to believe that God created all, why then do we take "logic" from Him? This taps into a bigger issue for me...science is not the enemy of God or faith. Neither is logic. They are not of separate things. Is it not possible that God created evolution? and logic? and a solar system? We much not kid ourselves that it is either-or. Or that logic is the devil's work. IF I use logic to still come to the conclusion of the same God and Jesus as you - is my logic still a flaw? --just something to chew on.

Also, just read and notated several passages on "compassion" for the oppressed and suffering...the widows and orphans...more to come on this subject later, as it ties closely to my largest passion. Some reading material for what drew to me closest:
Exodus 22:21
Psalms 10:18
Psalms 72:14
James 1:27

All are quick reads...check them out when you get a minute. yes..a minute is how long it will take to read all 4. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment